Thursday, November 30, 2006

Choices

This morning:

"Sarah, do you want Cheerios or Corn Flakes for breakfast?"
"I want tortellini."

OK. I'll try again.

"We don't have tortellini. Do you want eggs or cereal?"
"I want guacamole and cheese." (guacamole and cheese = macaroni and cheese in Sarah-talk)

Ugh! According to all of my parenting handbooks, you're supposed to offer your kid two choices. The kid then happily picks one of the options and feels empowered. Well, those handbooks all lied. Sarah has never cooperated in this game, will never cooperate in this game, and the gray hair spilling into every follicle on my head is making me itch.

4 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Blogger Valarie said...

I've got a similar problem. Except, instead of offering his own option, all I get is a "nope."

guacamole and cheese sounds way better than the monkey cheese we eat at our house.

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Scribbit said...

I'm with her, tortellini for me too. I live for pasta, day or night.

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger QT said...

Hee hee! My mom used to tell us if we didn't choose, she would choose for us and I would fold. I guess I wasn't as strong willed as she claims....thank god for dye jobs!

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Girlplustwo said...

um, now I want guacamole and cheese.

is that bad?

do you have any?

hee hee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >