Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Thanksgiving Week

Yikes! I'm so behind. I don't even know where to begin summarizing the past week.

Mike's dad, Grandpa Fife, and step-mom, Mimi, spent the holiday with us. As usual, fun and food were in abundance. I could post many photos of several crazy meals, but I think I'll just post my favorite - Mimi's reaction to the news that crabs were on the menu for our pre-Thanksgiving dinner.



She and seafood don't play too well together, but she is such a good sport. We subject her to the most bizarre foods when she visits. She happily finds something to eat and never complains - not even a bowl of steaming beef tripe placed on our table during dim sum could bring out a loud protest from her. Oh, but I do wish I had a photo of her reaction to the tripe.

Thanksgiving was less shocking. We spent the day with some wonderful friends and a 20 pound turkey.



I was so thankful to spend the day with such great people. I was even more thankful that Sarah spent almost the entire afternoon in this position.



While all of the meals and excursions were fun, the best part of the past week was eavesdropping over the baby monitor on Sarah and her grandpa in the mornings. He would go to her when she woke up. She would excitedly begin to chatter. Stories of balloons, friends and just about every outing she's ever been on were told to him at high speeds - this earned her the nickname of jabberwocky. Still, he listened patiently and fixed her the breakfast of her choice. Relaxing in bed in the mornings was great, but having Sarah spend time with her grandpa was priceless.



I can't wait to do it all again soon.

3 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Blogger QT said...

Love this post and I love the pics - especially Mimi - OMG - she is like WTF is THIS??? And the family photo is so happy and cozy looking - kudos to you my friend. It sounds like all of you had some great *peaceful* together time.

Are those Dungeness crabs, BTW? Those are my favorite and I eat a whole one by myself on every visit home...mmmmmm!

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Valarie said...

I'm with Mimi on the crabs. Although, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that yours were better than any I've had, being landlocked and all. It sounds like a great visit.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger J Fife said...

qt - Those are Dungeness crabs. Yum! One is not enough...

valarie - Sorry about the crab aversion. These are truly delicious. If any crab will change your mind, these will.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >