Thursday, April 02, 2009

Dark Period

The exhilaration of seeing green grass did not last long for Sarah. Several hours in a car can do that to a person, I suppose. At this point, she took out her art supplies and drew while giving me a long list of all of the people who are "not her friends". The list, of course, included her nemesis from preschool, but it also had broad references to people with funny hair and people who wear brown. This was a very dark time in the trip.




I sent the above photo along with a description of Sarah's emotional state to Mike. His response was:

Nice. Looks like she is writing her sh*t list.

3 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Blogger Deby said...

You're gonna have SOOOO much fun when Sarah's in Middle School!

 
At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did someone tell her I wear Brown very well and often, day and night?
For a drastic change I throw in some black. I hope Iam not on her list. I have'nt had the chance to
truely represent myself to her.
Iam a good Aunt! Don't let irresponsible and unreliable be used in the same sentence when my
name is spoken. REJ

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger J Fife said...

Deby - Angst filled teenager... oh, I can hardly wait.

REJ - Don't worry. We only use your name as a threat: "If you don't behave, I'm sending you to live with your aunt! She'll give you something to cry about. And probably make you wear brown."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >