Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Birthday UGGs

After that last snowstorm, Mother Nature has redeemed herself by giving us record setting heat. Oh, so happy!

Since it was gorgeous outside and it was Mike's birthday, we dined alfresco last night.



The birthday boy seemed happy. Raw oysters have that effect on him.



As you might imagine, Sarah has been very excited about her dad's birthday. A few days ago she let me know that she'd like to get him a pair of slippers as a gift. I agreed to her idea, pulled her onto my lap and let her browse online for some slippers.

Immediately, her little eyes were drawn to UGGs. Man UGGs. Oh, sweet baby! Visions of Mike strutting those boots in public for his little girl danced through my head. Mike in man UGGs! The ridiculousness was almost too much. Stifling great chuckles, I wondered if I could get Sarah to suggest that he pair them with shorts? And a wallet chain! I choked on enormous balls of laughter, that is until I saw the price tag. $180! Now, that is too much for this cheap chick and her funny bone.



In the end, Sarah settled on getting her dad cupcakes and making him a card. I talked her out of the UGGs, and that, I would say, is the best gift I ever gave Mike. Oh, but if I find $180 just lying around...

3 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see why Sarah likes the UGGs!
It has nothing to do with slippers.
Cheers! Cheers! Cheers! How many
Cheers! to Mike?

REJ

 
At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Mikey! Remember the time your sister and I dressed you like a girl? My dad never laughed so hard. Well, maybe when he found out you used a curling iron. Aaahh, happily Stephen came along to take the abuse we reserve for the youngest, and most innocent, victim in our strange, but lovable family. Is this why you moved so far away from all of us? you want to protect sarah from our antic?
ha ha! we will find her. lol!
love, carrie

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger J Fife said...

REJ - Mike got 39 Cheers! this year.

Carrie - I want pics of Mike in special clothes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >