Friday, December 15, 2006

My Genes Aren't Responsible For This

Found this in the pile of junk on my desk this morning:



It's Sarah's report from her daycare on a day when she was, ugh, I think the PC term is challenging. The highlighted text says: she did not want to eat lunch. Also, if you'll notice, the Nap Time section is blank. She also refused to nap. As a bonus, she convinced her best friend to join in on the eating/sleeping ban.

When I arrived to retrieve my little angel, I found her spinning out of control and laughing at full volume . The director gave me a worn look, quietly handed me the slip of paper and left the room to deal with Sarah's best friend. I'm pretty sure if expulsion were an option that would have been Sarah's final day at the center.

4 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might talk to your older sister about this genetic trait. It seems to me there are some similarities in behavior here.
Big Brother

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Girlplustwo said...

ahhh. yes. M does the same thing sometimes and i can tell that if they could quit her, they would.

thank god for daycare rules, the ones that involve having to do it even when it sucks for them.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger QT said...

You'll have that, on any given day...sometimes you just aren't hungry or sleepy and high on life. It's called being a kid and don't let the day care prisses make you feel bad!

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger J Fife said...

Big B - The similarities between those two are enormous. I'm in BIG trouble.

jen - Yup. I feel bad for the daycare people on those tough days.

qt - The daycare people are really great. They work so hard and treat her well even on the challenging days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >