Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas 2006

Oh, Christmas is over. This does not make me sad in any way. I've wiped every trace of the holiday out of this house, and I'm ready for spring.

We did have a fun time though. Sarah even got into the spirit after declaring that she did not want Santa to come to her house. She refused to leave cookies and milk out for him and said that I could go to the store to buy toys for her - "I don't want Santa to bring me presents. You can buy me toys at the store." She also said that next year she'd prefer that we leave the tree, "Plain old. Plain old. No decorations!"

Here are photos of the kid with a small sampling of her loot - we have very generous friends and family.

First up are swim goggles and silver high heels. She wore the goggles almost the entire morning, and the high heels are still on her feet.



Ladybug backpack and new pajamas!



Cabbage Patch doll born on the same day as Sarah.



I can barely look at this photo. The assault of purple and pink is nearly blinding. If you can stand to look, here she is with her new scooter. It's hard to tell in this photo, but one of her new dolls is taking a ride in that backpack.



Here is the aftermath. It makes my heart shrink about two sizes too small.



Hope your holidays were just as wonderful and that your recovery is swift.

2 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Blogger QT said...

That scooter pic is priceless! Oh I can't wait for her high school graduation party. That one has to be in there for sure...

I probably spent more on my niece & nephew than I should have, but I don't buy them stuff all the time, either. Glad you had a great Christmas!

 
At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a ladybug backpack! and M got the same cabbage patch from a friend...sisters split apart at birth perhaps, each being raised by formidible yet adorable pink and purple creatures 20 minutes apart, and yet never knowing it....

i'll start socking away for patch therapy now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >