Saturday, June 25, 2005

If he gets up, we'll all get up, it'll be anarchy.

Choppers are buzzing overhead again. No, Arnold isn't back in the hood. This time, anarchists have brought out the air patrol.

I'm not kidding. It seems that local anarchists are upset about "globalization, corporate empire and the invasion and occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan." So, they staged a protest. And, judging from the sound of the police overhead ordering the streets to be cleared, they had a successful rally.

Yup. This area is rife with activists. If I'm to fit in, I must find a cause and get passionate about it real soon.

It'd be terrific if my newfound devotion required me to wear a beret. I really want to wear a beret. Oh, and black knee-high boots! Hmmm... Do you think repealing the leash laws is edgy enough? I could parade Sancho and Lola off leash around town in my new get-up and call myself Sui Juris - Canine Emancipator.

Now, I'm starting to feel like I almost belong here. If only I could give up cheeseburgers, there'd be no question that I was a true Californian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >