Thursday, June 05, 2008

OLYMPICS!!!

An email made its way to my inbox yesterday. This little email pushed me to smile, giggle even, and reminded me that there are people in this world who get it. I mean they just get it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: carrie IDENTITY REMOVED
To: julianne
Sent: Wednesday, June 4, 2008 8:46:49 PM
Subject: OLYMPICS!!!

hey julianne,

sorry about those caps, i got a little excited. because...THE OLYMPICS START 8-8-08!!!!! oops, did it again. i know you share my love of the games. wouldn't it be something if we came to visit you guys during the OLYMPICS!!!! sorry, i can't help myself! i think that mike and scott (husbands who don't get it) might murder us in our sleep. even james (really cute kid) is excited. you see, my son LOVES to watch tennis. his fave player is novak djokovich. he can even pronounce it correctly "joke-a-vitch". anyway, he knows they will be playing tennis in the OLYMPICS!!! sorry.

oh well, i just thought i would drop you a line about....well, you know.
talk to you soon,
love, carrie IDENTITY REMOVED

ps-tell mike i heard his BFF won the nomination.

pss-did i mention THE OLYMPICS?????

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To this I had to respond with the following message.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: julianne
To: carrie IDENTITY REMOVED
Sent: Thursday, June 5, 2008 9:48:21 AM
Subject: RE: OLYMPICS!!!

OH! MY! GOSH! I am so with you. I feel like I should start prepping for the big event now - stashing snacks under the couch, loading up on Kleenex to wipe all of my tears and sweat. And banking sleep. There will be no sleep during the games! Really, I just plan on transforming the living room area into an OLYMPIC cocoon. I'll wrap myself in the heat of competition and stay perfectly still so as not to miss a glorious moment. Gosh, am I taking this too far? It's only the Olympics. NO! The OLYMPICS rule! I think we need to take it even further. Come out and visit. I can make an OLYMPIC cocoon for two.

Ahhh...I just had a little butterfly flip in my belly. Probably about a 9.3 flip - there was a small splash at the entrance.

Hugs to all!
-me

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger QT said...

too funny - my sis is like this - about the olympics AND Obama...

 
At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH! is the cacoon expandable to OLYMPIC size? I get so emotionally involved. How is the training going? Do you have a recovery plan? This is HUGE! REJ

 
At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know - I want to be like that about the Olympics, but I don't even know where to start. Can you guys post some helpful hints?

I want Hankies to watch, so he can develop a love of sports, and become the primo athelete that I never was, thereby fullfilling my own frustrated dreams. (sorry for that terrible sentence.) So far, his favorite sport is coloring.

Rach

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger J Fife said...

QT - Olympics, Obama. She likes the big O's.

REJ - You're a genius! Of course, an Olympic sized cocoon. Training, recovery - I have no plan. I'm winging it this time.

Rach - What? Not a primo athlete. This from a woman who played rugby with my husband. The only woman who played rugby with my husband.

I have no tips. Really just flip on the television and let yourself be sucked in. I guess that's my tip. Let your whole body and brain go to jelly. Sad, huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >