Monday, December 05, 2005

Feeling A Little Guilty

This morning while sitting at the breakfast table Sarah had a little meltdown and took it out on her Cheerios. She picked up the bowl and sprayed cereal across the ENTIRE room. So, I took her out of her chair, set her on the floor, and went into the kitchen (it's better if she doesn't have an audience for her tantrums).

When I heard her calm down, I came back into the room to find her on all fours, picking up the cereal, and quietly eating it. I thought about germs and dirt, but then I remembered that it'd just be easier to let her eat off of the floor. So, I poured myself another cup of coffee, sat back, and let her scavenge for her breakfast. I figure I'm just making her more self-sufficient, and if she ever finds herself lost in the wild having to chew on bark for sustenance, she'll be thankful that she developed a taste for dirt at such an early age.

Speaking of surviving in the wild, have you watched I Shouldn't Be Alive? Oh, we are so addicted to this show. Gaping wounds, swarming ants, missing limbs, shark attacks. It's great! Best of all, we get to sit around smugly critiquing the very, very stupid decisions of these people which we of course would never, ever make. Television that makes you feel superior with in depth views of the human body in agony. It doesn't get any better than that.

Happy Monday!

2 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute photos! But where is the snow?
Are you training for something?
REJ

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger J Fife said...

REJ - We would love to have some snow. Our skis are ready! I'm not training for anything - just having fun running.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >