Monday, August 29, 2005

I Bet You Thought I Wouldn't Do It

This morning, before the caffeine had a chance to awaken my senses, I took Sarah to daycare. It was the usual scene - happy baby in the back seat, seemingly oblivious to her tone death mother's rendition of You're In My Heart (Yes, I know I'm old and unhip, uncool, unfly, un-whatever is the word of the moment, but come on, Rod Stewart can sing. If he doesn't get you humming, you should really check your meds. Plus, you can't deny that the man has confidence). Anyway, so, we're having a great morning until we pull into the daycare parking lot. I'm not quite sure what tipped her off to our location. I think it might have been the plum tree next to the spot where we usually park. Whatever it was, she immediately let me know that she knew where we were and if I wanted to preserve my hearing and emotional stability, I should put the car in reverse and take us both back home immediately! I ignored her warning, took her into the center, pried her fingers from my arms, and left her there. Ugghh... Not fun.

The good news is that when I picked her up this afternoon, she was happy. Her eyes weren't puffy from crying and she didn't start howling when I walked in the door. That was a relief. So, maybe she's getting used to the place. I really hope so. My ears and heart are sore from the whole ordeal.


Sarah's teacher sent us a few images of Sarah's day. Here she is aligning her minions. "Hail Sarah!"

3 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Job well done! I think the quick
grab, deliver and go works best.
There is no prolonged good bye
which drags out the pain and suffering. Don't bruise yourself
with guilt. As long as Sarita is
in a safe, nurturing environment she will be fine. Who am I to offer advice. Being a MOM is tough! Hugs to all....REJ
Man you are pretty tough.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger J Fife said...

I don't know about tough, but I did what I had to do. Sarita is already showing signs of adjusting. I think we will all survive. Hope all is well with you!

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could this be the first step to overnighters or over weekends.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >