Thursday, March 10, 2005

How do you define crawling?

It's all over. I just put Sarah down on the floor. When I came back into the room, she was nowhere near where I had placed her. Apparently, she has figured out how to move without using the standard crawling pose. She gets up on her hands (her knees stay firmly planted on the ground) and pushes herself backwards. It doesn't look very pretty, but it's effective. She got exactly where she wanted to go. She bypassed all of the toys certified to pose no danger to any creature on Earth and made her way directly to a house plant teetering on an iron stand. Now, she's eyeing the television cables. We spent the morning at the beach - which was obviously a mistake. I should have spent that time shopping for child safety devices. I guess I should go vacuum the rug and pick up all of those knives we leave scattered on the floor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >